Rank & Organization: Black Belt, Pedro Sauer BJJ Association
BJJ Highlights: Over 140 wins; 90% submission rate; double gold at IBJJF Pan Ams; only submitted 3 times; only 12 losses.
1) What do you consider your worst BJJ moment, and why?
Never had any really terrible moments, but there has been times where I didn’t tap early due to ego and really regretted it. I hate when I let my ego get the better of me.
2) What’s an “AHA!” moment you’ve had in your journey?
When passing guard I had a moment about controlling their hips being my main goal.
3) What’s the best jiu-jitsu advice you’ve ever received?
Practice jiu jitsu now in a way that will let you continue practicing into your old age. Everybody likes a tough roll but you might pay for it later.
4) What is one habit you have that you believe has contributed to your success?
Obsession; I often became obsessed with a move and and only go for that move for months at a time.
5) How do you mentally and physically prepare for competition?
Train hard and give myself pep talks through out the day
6) Who is your favorite superhero?
Flash is the shit!